Brand USA @ ITF
Target Audience: Trade visitors and public
665Trade Buyers & Media Outreach
60%Growth in Travel from Taiwan to USA
Major Growth in Taiwanese Outbound Tourism to the U.S.
According to the American Institute in Taiwan, travelers from Taiwan to the United States increased by almost 60% since Taiwan’s participation in the U.S. Visa Waiver Program since 2012. Growing relations between the two countries means those numbers are set to skyrocket. On November 1, 2017, Taiwan became the 3rd East Asian country to be enrolled in the U.S. Global Entry Program. Due to the growing travel demand in the region, Taipei has also seen an increase in weekly flights to major U.S. cities, increasing overall connectivity between the two countries. United Airlines, China Airlines and EVA Air, in particular, have added more weekly non-stop flights between Taipei and major gateway cities in the U.S. like San Francisco, Los Angeles, Seattle, Chicago, Houston and New York. Today, Taiwanese travelers have access to over 114 weekly direct flights to gateway cities in the U.S. Representing Brand USA, the destination marketing organization for the U.S., we have hosted the largest long-haul booth presence at ITF Taiwan since 2013. Our campaigns include:
- “One Big Welcome” – See How Far You Can Go” on the inaugural year for Taiwan’s entry into the GLobal Entry Program.
- “All Within Your Reach – USA and Beyond” to promote iconic and surprising destinations and attractions visitors can experience to, through and beyond the gateway cities – all within their reach.
- “The United States of Great Outdoors” to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the National Park Service.
ITF Taiwan is one of Asia’s biggest travel fairs, with an average of 340,000 trade fair visitors each year.
Inspiring Outbound Travel to the U.S.
In conjunction with our tri-partnership with American Institute in Taiwan and Discover America Committee, our goal has been to present a major U.S. presence. The Brand USA Pavilion at ITF Taiwan gave us the opportunity to pair with major partners like Alamo Rent a Car, Alaska, American Express, Hawaii Tourism Taiwan, Guam Visitors Bureau, Las Vegas Convention & Visitors Authority, South Dakota Department of Tourism, S.H. Tours and Wyoming Office of Tourism.
Through co-op partnerships and other trade events and activities throughout the event each year, our focus has been on promoting the U.S. as a major travel destination.
Brand USA at ITF Taiwan
The travel events and activities, intended to increase travel trade outreach and media marketing exposure for exhibitors to meet their objectives, has enjoyed major success.
Trade and media partnerships, key opinion leaders and educational programs have all been instrumental to our success.
Among the many travel events and activities throughout the years, we have had held
- Opening ceremonies at the USA Pavilion with special guests and VIP delegates in attendance.
- Pre-Fair Press conferences presented by U.S. destination partners and attractions for the media and other influencers.
- Interactive and engaging travel trade, leisure and MICE seminars with buyers from top-tier companies, organizations, airlines, receptive operators, online travel agencies and trade tour operators.
We have also partnered with
- American Express joint programs like 2017’s mobile in-app promotion for American Express card members.
- Airlines like Cathay Pacific, EVA Air, and United airlines to hold annual lucky draw contests to win Taipei – USA round trip tickets.
- Taiwan’s top financial publication, Business Weekly, to produce co-branded supplements exclusively for airline partners to reach out to 2.29 million readers.
- China Airlines, EBC TV (one of the leading TV channels in Taiwan) and Phoenix Tours on an EBC program titled “Explore U.S. National Parks”.
- The China Post, Taiwan’s leading news daily, to produce a series of Discover USA destination features and draw potential travelers to the USA Pavilion.
The programs we’ve created have ranged from national parks, to family travel, pop-culture and music genres in America.